Carson City Sheriff’s Log: K-9 finds heroin in inmate property room
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 7:30 a.m., Delton Battles, 31, was arrested on suspicion of using a false ID to avoid prosecution after he was questioned during a drug case follow-up in Shelbyville. He’s accused of giving the deputy his brother’s name. A check of records showed two outstanding warrants in his name. He was held on a felony charge in lieu of $7,500 bail.
• At 10:47 a.m., A 30-year-old transient was arrested on suspicion of a gross misdemeanor charge of child endangerment for leaving her 4-year-old son alone at a Fall Street residence. She was jailed in lieu of $3,650 bail on two child neglect charges and one for trespassing.
• At 3:40 p.m., Jeff Stewart, 29, was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin after deputies used a drug sniffing dog to check the inmate property room. The dog alerted them to a bag of Stewart’s belongings and a test showed the substance to be heroin. Bail was set at $2,500.
• At 8:21 p.m., a 19-year-old Carson man was arrested after a traffic stop on his moped. A check with dispatch revealed a warrant in his name charging petit larceny. Bail was set at $250.
• At 10:08 p.m., two persons were arrested on suspicion of maintaining a drug house, a felony at an apartment in the 1200 block of Woodside Drive. Breanna Smith, 21, also was arrested on suspicion of felony furnishing drugs to a minor from an incident that occurred Thursday involving two youths she allegedly gave marijuana to. Her bail was set at $95,000. Brandon Goblet, 29, was held in lieu of $20,000 bail on the charge of maintaining a drug house.
• At 12:25 a.m., a 39-year-old California man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop for an illegal lane change on Highway 50 at Airport Road. He was also arrested on suspicion of failing to use a turn signal, no proof of insurance and having an open container of alcohol in the vehicle. Bail was set at a total of $1,837.