Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested after firing guy from inside vehicle
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:57 a.m., a 50-year-old was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and failure to register as an ex-felon after a trailer park operator on Hot Springs Road called deputies because the man wouldn’t leave. He was held in lieu of $300 bail.
At 9:52 p.m., a 41-year-old was arrested at the Days Inn Motel on Carson Street after he was detained by an off-duty P&P officer who witnessed him flee Walmart with security chasing him. He was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny and violating conditions of his alternative sentence in another case. Bail was set at $750.
• At 1:04 a.m., a 38-year-old was arrested on suspicion of attempting to intimidate an officer after a discussion outside a downtown bar which ended when he and another man were told to go home. Instead, the defendant became aggressive verbally with officers and told the arresting deputy, “I will see you off duty.” He was ordered held in lieu of $2,500 on the gross misdemeanor charge.
• At 1:06 a.m., a 52-year-old Dayton woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI -first offense after a traffic stop to check on her welfare. The stop occurred in the Save Mart parking lot on Highway 50 East. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 1:50 p.m., a 33-year-old transient was arrested after deputies responded to Slot World on a report of a suspicious subject. A check of the man revealed an outstanding traffic warrant. Bail was set at $500.
• At 3:42 p.m., a 48-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of petty larceny for attempting to take food, clothing and other small items from Walmart without paying for them. Bail was set at $250.
• At 4:21 p.m., a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drug charges after deputies responded to a report of a fight in the parking lot at Walmart. A search of his person revealed a small amount of pot and paraphernalia. He was also charged with violating a suspended sentence and ordered held without bail.
• At 5:14 p.m., a 24-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense for punching a 13-year-old and knocking out one of his teeth. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 12:32 a.m., a 23-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after nearly hitting a patrol car on William Street. He was also charged with failure to maintain a lane and held in lieu of $1,050 bail.
• At 9:26 a.m., Shane Donovan, 26, was arrested on suspicion of felony heroin possession charges after trying to flee the scene of a traffic stop at Stanton and Woodside drives. When arrested his backpack was empty but the arrest report says syringes, a metal cup with traces of heroin and a small amount of the drug were found nearby along with his drivers’ license. Bail was set at $3,800 on charges of possession, possession of paraphernalia and obstructing an officer. The driver of the vehicle, Thomas Lovelace, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a small amount of meth as well as DUI-first offense (drugs), driving on a suspended registration and license and no proof of insurance. Total bail was set at $4,650.
• At 3:25 p.m., a 58-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop at Woodside Drive and Monte Rosa Drive for failure to stop at a stop sign. Bail was set at $1,050.
• At 8:50 p.m., two people were arrested on drug charges after what the arrest report describes as an undercover buy in the 2700 block of Highway 50 East. Brian Hofius-Ward, 29, was arrested on suspicion of four felony counts: sales of a controlled substance, possession with intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance (meth) and failure to appear in an earlier case. Bail was set at $32,500 on the first three but a no bail hold was placed on the FTA-felony count. Rachel Collins, 34, was arrested on suspicion of sales, possession of meth and misdemeanor violation of bail conditions. Her bail was set at $25,500.
• At 5:38 p.m., Oswaldo Mariscal, 29, was arrested on suspicion of discharging a firearm from a moving vehicle — a felony — after a witness told deputies he was firing a handgun in the area of Fairview Drive and Lepire Drive. He was also charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor because the person driving the vehicle was 16 years old. Bail was set at $20,500.
• At 9:54 p.m., a 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of trespass after the owner of Woodside Market called saying there was a man there refusing to leave. He is also charged with ignoring the officer’s orders to stop and trying to leave the area. He was charged with obstructing a peace officer, as a minor consuming alcohol and with possession of a small amount of marijuana. Total bail was set $1,200.
• At 11:41 p.m., a 33-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense after deputies were called to her home on Spartan Avenue. She denied hitting her husband but the husband and his 9-year-old son said she was the one hitting the man. Bail was set at $3,000.