Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on six misdemeanor charges
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:30 p.m., a 26-year-old was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after deputies responded to an accident at Menlo and Green Court. The pickup truck was damaged in the middle of the road and a female passenger was transported to Renown hospital. The male driver was charged with DUI both alcohol and drugs for admittedly using methamphetamine earlier. He was also charged with failing to maintain a traffic lane. Bail was set at $1,040.
• At 12 p.m., a 52-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery after cursing at a Comstock Casino cashier and throwing an object at her face. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 12:43 p.m., a 30-year-old Carson City man was arrested on six different misdemeanor charges after a traffic stop on Highway 50 east of Airport Road because of a broken tail light. According to the arrest report, the deputy smelled the strong odor of marijuana as he approached the vehicle. During the stop, the report states that a meth pipe fell out of the vehicle. The man was arrested on suspicion of driving on a suspended license, possession of paraphernalia, no proof of insurance, failure to register as an ex-felon and possession of marijuana as well as the tail light violation. Bail was set at $2,875.
• At 7:53 a.m., a 25-year-old South Lake Tahoe man was arrested on suspicion of destruction of property and trespassing after being told to leave Dotty’s Casino on South Carson Street. He allegedly broke a sign on the way out of the building. Bail was set at $650.
• At 4:40 p.m., a 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny charges for leaving Walmart with a bag full of video games without paying. According to the arrest report, investigating officers recognized him from store video and arrested him. Bail was set at $250.
• At 9:28 p.m., a 60-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a witness called 911 to report an intoxicated driver. Deputies found the vehicle at a residence in the 3400 block of Baker Drive and took the resident into custody. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 2:40 a.m., a 26-year-old Mill Valley man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop for speeding on south Carson Street. He was also charged with speeding more than 21 mph over the limit and driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $1,580.
• At 1:47 a.m., a 37-year-old was held for violating parole after deputies responded to a report of a fight at 1800 N. Carson Street. He was charged for having consumed alcohol in violation of his parole rules and held without bail.
• At 5:46 p.m., a 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense after deputies were called to an address in the 300 block of Adams. The female victim said he pushed her with both hands causing her to fall on a box full of nails and injure her leg. Bail was set at $3,000.