Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 8:11 a.m., a 48-year-old Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of drug violations after deputies went to his 5th Street apartment to serve a battery warrant. He was held on suspicion of marijuana and paraphernalia possession as well as violating conditions of a suspended sentence. Total bail on the charges $3,600.
• At 11:30 a.m., an 18-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of charges of possessing drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $4,000.
• At 8:28 p.m., Greg Franz, 31, was arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking, possession of meth and possession for sales after Carson Nugget security said he was suspected of leaving a hypodermic needle in a casino bathroom. Deputies stopped him at the intersection of North Carson and West Robinson streets. He was on probation with a search and seizure clause which allowed deputies to search the nearby residence where he has been staying. According to the arrest report they found the meth weighing in at nearly 8 grams and a scale. Franz was held in lieu of $33,500 total bail.
• At 10:26 p.m., a 20-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny after Walmart security charged he tried to take two different cold medicines without paying for them. He was ordered held in lieu of $250 bail.
• At 10:55 p.m., a Minden 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possessing dangerous drugs without a prescription after deputies stopped in the Casino Fandango for suspicion of being underage. A search of his person revealed a half of a Xanax pill. He was ordered held in lieu of $2,500 bail.
• At 1:02 a.m., a 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after deputies went to a College Parkway apartment. Bail was set at $3,000.