Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of felony hit and run
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 2:50 p.m., a 29-year-old and a 35-year-old were arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession charges after a traffic stop at Fleischmann and Nevada streets. Both also were charged with conspiracy to possess the drug. One of the men was charged with violating bail conditions. Total bail was $6,100 for the first and $3,100 for the other.
• At 6:52 p.m., a 40-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny after allegedly trying to leave Raley’s with a cart containing $290 worth of groceries. Bail was set at $250.
• At 4:03 p.m., a 43-year-old Silver City man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after deputies responded to reports of an argument. He was charged with spitting at two women during an argument at a south Carson Street apartment. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 4: 26 p.m., two men were arrested following a traffic stop for what the arrest report described as multiple traffic violations. A search of backpacks in the vehicle resulted in the discovery of both drugs and paraphernalia. Mikel Hafeman, 21, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of prescription drugs and possession of heroin. He also was charged with possession of a dangerous weapon — a dagger — and misdemeanor charges of drug paraphernalia. Total bail was unavailable. His passenger, Troy Strand, 24, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of prescription drugs, possession of paraphernalia and marijuana.
• At 4:54 p.m., a 30-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop on Vista Lane. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 8:35 p.m., a 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery for slapping two children during an argument. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 9:43 p.m., Christopher Keep, 20, was arrested on suspicion of felony hit and run after an accident in the 500 block on Jeanell Drive. The victim was a 75-year-old who suffered a broken rib and ankle in the wreck. He was ordered held in lieu of $40,000 bail.
• At 10:54 p.m., a 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possessing a dangerous weapon after he was asked for ID because he looked under age while gambling at the Horseshoe Club. When asked if he had any weapons, he said he had a knife attached to his belt buckle. He was held in lieu of $2,500 on a gross misdemeanor charge.
• At 12:48 a.m., Alonso Rangeo, 25, was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine for sales and possession of a controlled substance along with possession of paraphernalia after a traffic stop on Pheasant. The arrest report says he had several small bags of what appeared to be the drug along with a small digital scale with white residue on it. He was ordered held in lieu of $23,500 bail.
• At 12:53 p.m., Abel Munoz, 43, of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI after a traffic stop on Highway 50 outside the Country Store. A witness called to report an erratic driver. According to the arrest report, he had a preliminary breath result of more than three times the legal amount of alcohol. Bail was set at $20,100 including the citation for not having a driver’s license.
• At 4:56 p.m., a 51-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery at a Quinn Drive residence after deputies responded to reports of an argument. The two initially agreed to talk it out but, as the deputy left, he wrote that he saw her slam the door in the male resident’s face, knocking him down the steps. Her bail was set at $3,000 on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery.