Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of felony home invasion
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 9 a.m., a Carson City woman was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery charge for assaulting her roommate during an argument at their Granite Way residence. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 11:14 a.m., a 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving with a revoked license and making threats for attempting to force a woman to let him enter her Van Epps Drive residence. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 1:36 p.m., Brad Steelmon, 27, was arrested on suspicion of felony insurance fraud on a California warrant at College Parkway apartment. He also was charged with false reporting of a crime and held on two failure to appear warrants. Total bail was set at $12,039.
• At 3:03 p.m., a 24-year-old was arrested on suspicion of felony child endangerment after fleeing the scene of a car crash at Como and South Carson streets. James Chinn Junior also was charged with attempting to elude a peace officer, hit-and-run, driving with a suspended license and registration, no proof of insurance and three traffic warrants an obstructing an officer. Total bail was set at $7,430.
• At 10:38 p.m., a 31-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of being an intoxicated pedestrian after refusing to go home because she was drunk. Bail for the incident on Lily Lane was set at $25.
• At 2:19 p.m., a 40-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of violating bail conditions prohibiting drinking, driving with a suspended registration and no proof of insurance after a traffic stop on North Edmonds. Total bail was set at $3,650.
• At 3:18 p.m., a Portola, Calif., man was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct, being a drunk pedestrian and obstructing an officer after deputies were called to Casino Fandango for an intoxicated subject. He allegedly refused to give deputies his ID and was uncooperative. Bail was set at $475.
• At 7:35 p.m., a 40-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense after allegedly punching his girlfriend in the face in the parking lot of Carson Station Casino. He was held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 9:30 p.m., Christopher Thomas, 35, was arrested on suspicion of felony home invasion and domestic battery- second offense after allegedly breaking into a residence on Condor Circle and assaulting a woman. He was ordered held in lieu of $36,000 bail on those charged and two counts of probation violations for use of alcohol.
• At 11:50 p.m., two people were arrested after a traffic stop at Nye Lane and Apollo Drive. The vehicle was stopped because the 36-year-old male was identified as having an arrest warrant out of Churchill County. After the stop, deputies arrested the 45-year-old woman driver on suspicion of several drug charges including possession of meth and prescription pills without a prescription, two counts of paraphernalia possession and possession of a small amount of marijuana. She was also charged with no valid drivers license and no proof of insurance. His bail was set at $1,000. Her bail was set at $8,700.
• At 8:03 p.m., an 81-year-old was charged with DUI-first offense after a traffic stop on Mountain Street. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.