Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of hitting another with a flashlight
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 4:39 p.m., a 35-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of battery and robbery after being stopped by Savemart security for attempting to shoplift several items. She was also charged with battery, petit larceny and trespassing. Bail was set at $5,250.
• At 2:46 p.m., Matthew Couch, 41, was arrested on suspicion of two felonies after witnesses called to say two people were fighting. One of them called to say he was chasing Couch in his vehicle and that he had been hit with a flashlight. Couch was charged with battery with a deadly weapon and possession of marijuana with intent to sell. His bail was set at a total of $35,000.
• At 2:51 p.m., a 38-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of with DUI-first offense after she allegedly crashed into a planter box on North Carson Street. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 1:24 a.m., a 19-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of a minor consuming after a traffic stop in which she was the passenger. She was held in lieu of $150 bail.
• At 9:26 a.m., Stephanie Collins, 42, was arrested on suspicion of felony charges of attempted possession of a credit card without the owner’s consent, possession of a controlled substance and a parole-probation hold. She was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. She was held without bail on the charges after a traffic stop at Carson Street and Adeline streets.
• At 6:30 p.m., Samuel Mercado, 18, was arrested on suspicion of a felony count of assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly pulling a knife on his ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend and threatening to “hunt you down” if he told anyone about the incident. Bail was set at a total of $21,600 on that charge and charges of making threats and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 10 p.m., Brandon Fedinic, 31, was arrested on suspicion of a felony charge of aggravated stalking of his ex-girlfriend. He was ordered held in lieu of $20,000 bail.