Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of home felony invasion
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 12:12 a.m., Maxwell Simon, 32, was arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon after a reported stabbing at the Whisley Tavern Bar on Highway 50 East. The victim was taken to Renown Medical Center in Reno by Careflight, bleeding from a stab wound to the back. Bail on the felony count was set at $30,000.
• At 10:28 p.m., a 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop on West Nye Lane. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 7:18 p.m., a 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny for allegedly attempting to take two bottles of liquor from Walmart. He was also booked for allegedly violating alternative sentencing conditions and held in lieu of $3,250 bail.
• At 9:08 p.m., a 32-year-old was arrested on suspicion of driving on a revoked license after a traffic stop at Desatoya Drive and Airport Road. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 3:50 a.m., Randy Paul Wastler, 31, was arrested on suspicion of felony eluding an officer following a traffic stop at Telegraph and Stewart streets. He also was charged with obstructing, driving with a revoked license, suspended registration and no proof of insurance as well as violating a suspended sentence. Total bail was set at $13,250.
• At 3:04 p.m., a man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-second following a traffic stop for allegedly failing to stop at a stop sign and failure to maintain a traffic lane. He was also charged with driving without a valid license. Total bail was set at $2,690.
• At 1:16 a.m., a 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of minor consuming alcohol after deputies investigated a reported domestic violence complaint at a Hot Springs road apartment. He was also held for violating a suspended sentence that prohibited the use of alcohol. Bail was set at $1,150 on the charges.
• At 3:47 a.m., a Placerville man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-second offense following a traffic stop after witnesses reported a possibly intoxicated driver. The vehicle was stopped at U.S. 580 northbound and Carson Street. The 24-year-old was charged with DUI, reckless driving, open container and possession of a firearm while intoxicated. Bail was set at $4,100.
• At 4:43 a.m., a 24-year-old Idaho man was arrested on suspicion of a variety of traffic violations including DUI-first following a traffic stop at Musser and Carson streets. He was also charged with failure to maintain a traffic lane, a broken tail light, no proof of insurance and possession of marijuana. Bail was set at $2,265.
• At 9 p.m., a 41-year-old was arrested on suspicion of a charge he violated an extended protective order involving his wife. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 11:12 p.m., four people were arrested on suspicion of obstructing an officer and disorderly conduct after deputies were called to an apartment on College Parkway for a noise complaint. According to the arrest report, all four were yelling and cussing at officers and refusing to cooperate or stop making noise. One of them was also on alternative sentencing with a no alcohol clause and was taken into custody for that violation as well. The four were listed as in their 20s and three of them held in lieu of $450 bail. The fourth, because of the probation violation, was held in lieu of $3,450.
• At 8:57 a.m., a 26-year-old was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense for allegedly hitting his father during an argument. He was held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 9:19 a.m., Ian Leftwich, 20, was arrested on suspicion of home felony invasion for allegedly forcing his way into a woman’s Hot Springs Road apartment. He was also charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession when he was arrested. Total bail was set at $31,000.
• At 11:09 a.m., a 28-year-old woman was arrested on a DUI-second offense charge after a traffic stop when witnesses reported a possible intoxicated driver in the area of Winnie Lane and Mountain Streets. The vehicle was stopped in the 3300 block of S. Carson Street for allegedly speeding. She was also charged with speeding, driving with a revoked license, failure to maintain a lane and no proof of insurance. Total bail in the case was set at $5,185.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies and violent crimes. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.