Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of sexual assault with a minor
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 2:24 a.m., a 30-year-old was arrested on suspicion of an intoxicated pedestrian and with obstructing after he was stopped because the officer was concerned he was about to batter a woman with him. The arrest occurred at Robinson and Carson streets. He was held in lieu of $355 bail.
• At 1:53 p.m., two men were arrested on suspicion of petit larceny following a report at Terrible’s Gas on South Carson Street. A 24-year-old was charged with attempting to take a case of beer without paying for it and held in lieu of $250 bail. The 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of having an open container n the car and held in lieu of $100 bail.
• At 2:07 p.m., a 22-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of felony assault on a peace officer after deputies were called to a report of a petit larceny at CVS Pharmacy. Pazley Lampkin allegedly tried to punch the arresting officers. She was also charged with assault on a person over age 60 — the clerk — petit larceny and disorderly conduct. Total bail was set at $21,350.
• At 4:08 p.m., a 25-year-old California woman was arrested on suspicion of several misdemeanors after being stopped at Fairview Drive and Carson Street for an expired registration. She was also charged with driving on an expired license, not having insurance and arrested on an Esmeralda County warrant charging failure to appear on a traffic citation. Total bail was set at $1,212.
• At 6:08 p.m., a 21-year-old Dayton man was arrested on suspicion of hit and run after an accident at Caroline and North Valley. He was also charged with failure to report an accident and failure to yield right of way. Bail was set at $1,050.
• At 12:22 a.m. a 33-year-old Dayton woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after she was stopped for driving without headlights on. She was held in lieu of $1,025 bail.
• At 2:08 p.m., David Baxley, 28, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of meth and six misdemeanor counts after a traffic stop at Koontz and Carson streets because the vehicle’s registration was suspended. He also was charged with possession of paraphernalia, possession of a small amount of marijuana, no insurance, no drivers license and held on a contempt of court warrant. Total bail in the case is $6,250.
• At 3:09 a.m., Rick Houghton, 47, was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery for allegedly assaulting a woman at a Roop Street residence. He was held in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• At 5:17 p.m., James Sperske, 25, was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on a minor under the age of 14 and lewdness with a child. He was held on $150,000 bail.
• At 11:06 p.m., Ashley Harms, 28, was arrested on suspicion of warrants charging probation and parole violations as well as providing false ID to avoid prosecution, obstructing a peace officer and not wearing a seat belt after a traffic stop. The driver of the vehicle, James Detels, 60, was charged with harboring a fugitive and possession meth and paraphernalia as well as no proof of insurance. She was held without bail. He was held in lieu of $14,125 bail.
• At 9:56 p.m., Mary Bohannan, 50, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of felony drug possession, possession of paraphernalia and trafficking aftera traffic stop on Corbett. She allegedly had both meth and prescription drugs in her possession in the vehicle. Total bail was set at $26,500.
• At 11:45 a.m., a 46-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a called reported a driver possibly under the influence. He also was charged with failure to maintain a travel lane on South Carson Street. Bail was set at $1,040.
• At 5 p.m., a 44-year-old was arrested on suspicion of charges he shoved his wife into a wall, causing her to break a tooth. He was held in lieu of $3,000 bail.
• At 6:28 p.m., a 44-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving on a revoked license after a traffic stop at Plaza and Robinson. He was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.