Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man put on immigration hold after discharging firearm
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:09 p.m., a 32-year-old Reno man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after his motorcycle was stopped for speeding on south Carson Street. Bail was set at $1,045.
• At 12:19 a.m., a Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of obstructing/resisting and battery on a police officer after fighting with deputies and spitting on one of them after officers responded to an apartment on Airport Road for a report of a domestic battery. He was also charged with violating bail conditions barring the use of alcohol. Bail was set at $5,800.
• At 2:52 a.m., a 34-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery after he reportedly female in the mouth. His bail was set at $1,000 on a battery charge.
• At 8:29 a.m., a 19-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia after his arrest on a contempt of court warrant at a South Carson Street apartment. Bail was set at $2,100.
• At 1:35 p.m., a 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of seven different misdemeanors after his vehicle was stopped at Airport Road and Highway 50 for a suspended registration. The other charges include speeding, no valid drivers’ license, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, reckless driving, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia. Total bail in the case was set at $2,425.
• At 6:36 p.m., a 42-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of violating a temporary protective order by yelling and threatening her neighbor who had gotten the order. She was arrested at her Beverly Drive residence. And held in lieu of $1,000.
• At 9:16 p.m., a 36-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of illegal possession of a firearm and discharging a firearm after deputies were called to an apartment on Dori Way. Bail was set at $3,500 and an immigration hold placed on him.
• At 11:49 p.m., both a 35-year-old woman and her boyfriend were arrested following a report of domestic violence at a Maple Creek residence. The boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after a witness said he punched his girlfriend. She was arrested on suspicion of battery on a peace officer after kicking a deputy in the leg while being restrained. Her bail was set at $2,500. His was set at $3,000 on the battery charge, but he was also charged with DUI-second offense after he was stopped at U.S. 50 and Deer Run road. Bail on that charge was set at $2,500.
• AT 4:10 a.m., A 28-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and no proof of insurance after she was stopped at South Carson and Fairview for failure to maintain a lane. She was also charged with failure to appear on a warrant issued by the Nevada Highway Patrol. Total bail was set $2,570.