Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Multiple drug and alcohol arrests during Nevada Day weekend
November 7, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 10:18 a.m., a 54-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs without a prescription. Bail was set at $2,5000.
• At 1:19 a.m., a 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny after allegedly trying to take a pair of shoes and wallet form Walmart. Bail was set at $250.
• At 11:30 a.m., Patrick Williams, 39, was arrested on suspicion of possessing visual porn depicting a person under age 16 after bounty hunters returned him to the Carson jail. Bail was set at $150,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• At 9:16 p.m., a 33-year-old transient was arrested on suspicion of defrauding an innkeeper after allegedly refusing to pay $35 in food and drink he ordered. Bail was set at $200.
• At 1:08 p.m., a 54-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after deputies responded to a report of an intoxicated driver in the 600 block of East College Parkway. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 2:08 p.m., Drake Vancleave, 50, was arrested on suspicion of multiple felonies after a woman charged that he stole numerous coins from her residence. She said she went to a coin shop to report the thefts and that Vancleave was at the coin dealer when she arrived. He fled the scene but she said she chased him. Her son told deputies their home was burglarized several days earlier and coins, a gun, jewelry and other items were taken. According to the arrest report, Vancleave had sold items to the coin store several days in a row after the burglary. The victims identified numerous items as being stolen from their residence. Vancleave was booked on six felony counts: three of burglary, two of obtaining money under false pretenses and one of receiving stolen property. He was also charged with possession of marijuana. Total bail was set at $125,600.
• At 2:16 p.m., a 69-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of attempting to shoplift several items from Kohl's. She was also charged with contempt of court for an outstanding warrant. Bail was set at $2,750.
• At 4:45 p.m., a 49-year-old was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing/resisting charges after deputies responded to North Curry and Telegraph streets on a report of a fight. He allegedly broke a beer bottle and tried to stab the victim with it before others at the scene broke it up. Bail was set at $450.
• At 4:54 p.m., Dryan Wilson, 28, was arrested on suspicion of a variety of drug and traffic offenses after he was apprehended after a witness reported a single vehicle accident at Northgate and Hot Springs Road. Charges include possession of drugs for sale, possession of illegal drugs, DUI-third offense, possession of paraphernalia and marijuana, no valid drivers license, hit and run and no proof of insurance. Total bail was set at $20,300.
• At 9:06 p.m., a 36-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery on a police officer and resisting arrest after deputies responded to a report of a fight in the patio area of Jimmy G's. When approached, the arrest report says the defendant hit the deputy and fought with him until other deputies arrived on the scene. After his arrest, he again became uncooperative and resisted officers in the jail, according to the report. Bail was set at $2,800. A 36-year-old woman also was charged with obstructing a public officer for interfering with the male defendant's arrest. Her bail was set at $450.
• At 2:33 p.m., two people were arrested in the 300 block of Adams Street after deputies responded to a report of a possible domestic battery. The 49-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of obstructing a peace officer for refusing to cooperate and threatening to fight with deputies. The woman was arrested on suspicion of violating suspended sentence conditions for consuming alcohol. His bail was set at $300. Hers was set at $1,000.
• At 5:02 p.m., Richard Besal, 59, was arrested after deputies responded to a College Parkway apartment on a report of a possibly suicidal subject. He allegedly answered the door with a pistol in hand and pointed it at the deputy before dropping the weapon. The reporting party, a woman, said he had pointed the pistol at her saying she could not leave and he wanted to lay on the bed with her. He was arrested on suspicion of assault on a peace officer, attempted sexual assault and false imprisonment with a deadly weapon, all felonies. Total bail was set at $80,000.
• At 5:04 p.m., a 32-year-old woman was arrested after the owners of the AM/PM store on Highway 50 East reported that video surveillance showed an employee stealing some $950 worth of energy pills from the store. She was ordered held in lieu of $4,250 bail including a violation of pre-trial conditions.
• At 10:07 p.m., Salvador Garcia, 24, was arrested on suspicion of with several drug violations after a traffic stop at College Parkway and Otha for allegedly speeding. The deputy said he smelled a strong odor of marijuana when the vehicle was stopped. The arrest report says there were several packaged amounts of marijuana in the center console. Garcia was charged with possession, possession with intent to sell, possession of paraphernalia, speeding and no proof of insurance. His passenger, a 19-year-old was charged with marijuana and paraphernalia possession. Garcia was held in lieu of $9,145 bail. The passenger was held in lieu of $2,100 bail.
• At 10:42 p.m., a 50-year-old was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after allegedly failing to stop at a stop sign at Saliman Road and Long Streets and again at a stop on Long and Rand. The arrest report said the vehicle's headlights were also off. Total bail was set at $1,090.