Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Numerous drunk driving arrests during holiday week
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Ivy Mountain Lion, 28, was arrested at 9:54 p.m. in the 1100 block of Woodside Drive on suspicion of third offense domestic battery, a felony. Bail was set at $15,000.
• A 42-year-old Minden woman was arrested at 3:40 p.m. in the 2700 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of two counts of gross misdemeanor child endangerment. She allegedly left two babies unattended in their car seats in the back of a car. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 37-year-old transient was arrested at 3:35 p.m. at the corner of Market Street and Retail Drive on suspicion of disorderly conduct and drunken pedestrian, both misdemeanors. The man was allegedly intoxicated and panhandling. Bail was set at $319.
• A 31-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 2:06 a.m. at the corner of Park and Curry streets on suspicion of first-offense drunken driving and stop sign violation. His bail was set at $1,237.
• A 25-year-old Carson City landscaper was arrested at 2:27 a.m. on Highway 50 East on suspicion of first-offense DUI, head lamps not lit and no proof of insurance. Bail was set at $1,809.
• A 41-year-old Carson City machinist was arrested at 10:47 a.m. on East Nye Lane and College Parkway on suspicion of first-offense DUI, disobeying a traffic control device and obstructed windshield. Bail was set at $1,239.
• Ashlee Nicole Karow, 22, of Gardnerville, was arrested at 3:46 p.m. in the 1400 block of Rand Avenue on suspicion of a felony warrant and felony possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanors obstructing an officer and possession of paraphernalia. Bail was set at $4,049.
• Robert Eckles, Jr., 40, of Stockton, Calif., was arrested at 1:30 p.m. on Pineview Court on suspicion of misdemeanor first-offense domestic battery and gross misdemeanor battery on a peace officer. He allegedly grabbed the wrists of a woman in the home and pushed her aside. He also reportedly shoved a responding deputy. Bail was set at $5,687.
• Jared Olan Smith, 22, a transient, was arrested at 11:10 p.m. at the Carson City Sheriff’s Office on a felony failure-to-appear warrant.
• A 63-year-old retired Carson City man was arrested at 9:06 a.m. on Gold Hill Drive on suspicion of second-offense drunken driving and driving on an expired driver’s license. Bail was set at $2,692.
• A 31-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 9:09 p.m. at the intersection of Carson Street and Hot Springs Road on suspicion of first-offense DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, no turn signal and disobeying a traffic device. Bail was set at $2,796.
• A 24-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 2:54 a.m. at the intersection of Roop and Oregon streets on suspicion of first-offense DUI, expired registration and possession of marijuana. Bail was set at $1,809.
• Michael Hutchinson, 21, of Carson City, was arrested at 1:05 a.m. in the 500 block of Robinson Street on suspicion of a felony probation violation and a felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance.
• A 28-year-old Stockton, Calif., man was arrested in the 1600 block of West College Parkway on suspicion of first-offense driving under the influence. Bail was set at $1,137.
• A 29-year-old and 25-year-old transients were arrested at 3:15 p.m. in the 100 block of Koontz Lane on suspicion of misdemeanor petty larceny. The two allegedly stole a stereo speaker. Bail was set at $352 each.
• A 30-year-old Carson City landscaper was arrested at 12:13 p.m. in the 1100 block of Woodside Drive on suspicion of obstructing, defrauding and innkeeper and possession of marijuana. The man allegedly used washing machines at a laundromat without paying. Bail was set at $1,444.
• A 34-year-old Carson City chef was arrested at 2:56 a.m. on the corner of Fifth and Stewart streets on suspicion of second-offense driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, driving while suspended and failure to maintain a single lane. Bail was set at $4,986.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies and violent crimes. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.