Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Deputy holds two at gunpoint during arrest
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
At 7:47 a.m. deputies were called to Behavioral Health Services on Minnesota Street for a report of a patient punching a nurse and fighting with security. The 29-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested on suspicion of battery on a protected person. Bail was set at $2,500.
At 6:06 p.m., a 35-year-old painter was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct after witnesses reported him simulating firing a gun at passing traffic in the Raley’s parking lot. Bail was set at $150.
• At 12:49 a.m., Amy Pulfrey of Dayton was arrested on suspicion of drug possession after a traffic stop at John and Carson streets for running a stop sign. Based on a drug dog alert, a search revealed meth, paraphernalia and prescription pills. She was arrested on two counts of possession, driving on a revoked license, possession of pills without a prescription and a meth pipe as well as the stop sign violation. Bail was set at $9,050.
• At 4:01 p.m., Frank Coleman, 46, was arrested at a residence on Minnesota Street after deputies responded to a report of a domestic battery. He was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery with strangulation because of the marks on the victim’s face and neck. Bail was set at $15,000.
• At 4:50 p.m., two people were arrested at a residence on Roop Street after a caller reported seeing two people enter a vacant residence. Both had outstanding FTA warrants out of Douglas County.
• At 7:20 p.m., a 26-year-old was arrested at an Airport Road apartment on suspicion of battery against a nurse. His bail was set at $2,500.
• At 8:12 p.m., a 44-year-old was arrested on a Lyon County FTA warrant after deputies responded to a Carson Street apartment for a report of a domestic dispute. He was held without bail.
At 2:52 a.m., Brian Tucker of Reno was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI after a traffic stop outside the Rodeway Inn for running a stop sign. He was also arrested on suspicion of resisting an officer and driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $20,850.
• At 6:39 a.m., a Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of multiple misdemeanors after he was asked to leave by security at the Max Casino. He reportedly hit the security guard with his cane multiple times. He was found to be carrying a meth pipe and wanted on two outstanding FTA warrants. Bail was set at $2,625.
• At 7:45 a.m., Christopher Ethridge, 34, and Melissa Halford, 37, were arrested after a traffic stop at Highway 50 and College Parkway because the license plate didn’t match the vehicle. The arrest report says when the deputy opened the vehicle’s door he spotted a meth pipe in the door pocket. After a wrestling match with Ethridge, the deputy held the two at gunpoint until other deputies arrived. He was arrested on suspicion of felonies including as a fugitive from Montana and possession of meth plus resisting with a weapon, a knife, as well as possession of paraphernalia, a fictitious registration and no valid license. He was held without bail. She too was arrested on suspicion of possession, a fugitive warrant out of Montana and providing false ID to avoid prosecution along with an open container and possession of paraphernalia. Her bail was set at $18,500.