Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Search of home ends with two being arrested on felony counts
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 12:09 p.m., Bexy Mora, 30, and Victoria Mora, 37, were arrested on suspicion of a series of felony counts after detectives searched their residence on South Carson Meadows. Bexy was charged with possession of meth and paraphernalia, two counts of possessing stolen property and obtaining money under false pretenses. Victoria was charged with felony parole violation and possession of meth along with possession of paraphernalia after a search of her residence turned up several pieces of evidence. Bexy was held in lieu of $73,500 bail. Victoria was held without bail.
• At 2:50 p.m., a 44-year-old was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense after deputies responded to an apartment on East 5th Street. The female victim was reportedly on the phone with 911 dispatch during the altercation which was recorded. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 5:49 p.m., Lew Deweese, 63, was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense and with preventing a victim from reporting a crime after deputies responded to a 911 call in the 3400 block of Baker. The battery charge resulted from a dispute with a woman. The other charge from allegations that he hung up her phone while she was on the line with 911 dispatch and repeatedly hung up when they called back, preventing her from reporting to officials. Bail was set at $8,000.
• At 10:46 p.m., Israel Pluma-Gonzales, 33, was arrested on suspicion of home invasion for allegedly forcing his way into his a woman’s residence on Westwood. He reportedly left almost immediately when he saw another male in the residence. Bail was set at $20,000 on the felony charge of home invasion.
• At 10:51 p.m., a 22-year-old was arrested on suspicion of multiple felony counts after deputies were called to an apartment complex on Airport Road on a report of a subject yelling for help. Geoffrey Larsen was charged with giving deputies a false ID to avoid prosecution and possession of drug paraphernalia along with P&P violations and a controlled substance warrant. He was held without bail.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies and violent crimes. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.