Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 8:34 a.m., a 20-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana after a traffic stop for failure to maintain a travel lane on his moped. He was also charged with contempt of court and bail set at $1,140.
• At 4 p.m., Gary Smith, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of possession of stolen property after deputies recovered allegedly stolen property from area pawn shops that records indicated he pawned the items. Bail was set at $5,000.
• At 4:08 p.m., an 18-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny after allegedly trying to take two sweatshirts from Kohl’s. Bail was set at $250.
At 8:32 p.m., two men were arrested on suspicion of multiple drug charges including trafficking after a traffic stop at Nye Lane and Hot Springs Road. The two were pulled over for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a walkway. A drug dog alerted deputies to the presence of 27.8 grams of methamphetamine. According to the arrest report, there was one large bag and five small ones each containing about a gram of the drug. Cory Harmon, 24, and Pomjoon Kim, 44, were each charged with possession of a controlled substance for sale, possession of a controlled substance, trafficking and conspiracy. Bail was set at $40,000 a piece.
• At 3:14 a.m., David Sanchez, 44, was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery for allegedly punching a woman in the mouth at a Marilyns Way residence. According to the arrest report, it was listed as his third offence on that charge. Bail was set at $15,000.
• At 11:37 a.m., a 39-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of battery for slapping another person in the chest and permitting her unlicensed son to drive after an incident in Voltaire Canyon. She was reported by two people who were target shooting after she ordered them to stop. Total bail was set at $1,050.
• At 12:50 p.m., Crystal Baldridge of Silver Springs was arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon after being stopped by deputies in the rear of Centro Market on Highway 50 East. She allegedly rammed a deputy’s vehicle and had to be forcibly removed from the vehicle. In addition to battery, she was charged with reckless driving for allegedly leading deputies on a chase down the highway, possession of drugs without a prescription and possession of paraphernalia. Total bail in the case was set at $34,000.
• At 2:19 p.m., a 36-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after an accident involving his motorized bicycle in the 1300 block of Monte Rosa. He was also charged with failure to use due care and held in lieu of $1,250 bail.
• At 4:20 p.m., Charisse Kizen, 44, was arrested at Cactus Jacks on suspicion of possessing methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia as well as contempt. Total bail was set at $3,500.
• At 6:27 p.m., Allen Elseth, 25, of Sacramento was arrested after his ex-girlfriend reported he had taken property from her. During a traffic stop on south Carson Street, he was arrested on suspicion of charges of driving on a suspended license and obstruction of a police officer. A search of the vehicle turned up a credit card that didn’t belong to him as well as a drug scale. In addition to the other charges, he was charged with felony possession of a credit card without the owner’s consent, he was charged with possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and an open container in the vehicle. Bail was set at $5,000.
• At 8:19 p.m., Joshua Summerfield, 34, was arrested on suspicion of child abuse and felony domestic battery after deputies were called to a residence on Rock Court. According to the arrest report, he fled the scene when deputies arrived. A child suffered a black eye and other injuries, the report states. A woman also charged that Summerfield also hit her. He was later arrested in Lyon County. In addition to child abuse and battery, he was charged with three counts of child endangerment, driving without a valid license and reckless driving. Total bail in the case was set at $63,100.
• At 8:28 p.m., Jacob Surprenant, 35, of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly stabbing his girlfriend and her son in the face with a fork at the residence they shared on East Nye Lane. He was also charged with resisting arrest, obstructing an officer and making threats. Total bail was set at $21,050.
• At 4:05 p.m., a 30-year-old Carson man was charged with DUI-first offense after allegedly running away after his vehicle hit another vehicle. He was also charged with hit-and-run. Bail was set at $500.
• At 4:20 p.m., two people were arrested on suspicion of grand larceny for allegedly taking two TV sets from Walmart. Jesus Nunez, 19, and Melina Burke, 42, were both arrested after security charged he took the TV sets and loaded them into her car. She was also charged as an ex-felon failing to register. His bail was $25,000. Hers was $25,300.
At 1:15 a.m., a 46-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny and possession of stolen property for allegedly taking another patron’s cell phone at Dotty’s Casino. Bail was set at $500.