Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Two arrested on suspicion of felony vehicle burglary
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 4:43 p.m., two people were arrested after deputies responded to a report of them sleeping in a vehicle. Joseph Vinels, 33, was arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and heroin as well as paraphernalia and held in lieu of $3,500 bail. Melissa Carter, 33, was charged with possession of heroin and paraphernalia and also held in lieu of $3,500 bail.
• At 7:44 p.m., a 61-year-old was arrested on suspicion of a battery charge after knocking another man down for allegedly hitting his vehicle with a car door in a parking space outside the Motel 6. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 1:06 a.m., a Kings Beach 22-year-old was arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession after a deputy investigated a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of Tracker Supply on William Street. Bail was set at $1,600.
• At 8:48 p.m., two people were arrested on suspicion of multiple felony counts stemming from an vehicle burglary in outside Eagle Fitness on Research Way. Joshua Allen, 34, and April Grover, 29, were each charged with two counts of burglary, fraudulent use of a credit card and two felony counts of drug possession plus one misdemeanor count of marijuana possession. Total bail was set at $61,000 apiece on those counts. Allen was additionally charged as a fugitive from justice, providing false ID to avoid prosecution and possession of paraphernalia and ordered held without bail because of the fugitive count. Grover was also charged with harboring a fugitive, possession of paraphernalia, using a fictitious vehicle registration and no proof of insurance for an additional $11,650 in bail.
• At 11:47 p.m., Joe Swanson, 40, was arrested on suspicion of burglary after allegedly trying to climb in the window of an apartment on Como Street. The arresting deputy said he saw Swanson climbing out of the window when he arrived and had to chase him to arrest him. He was held in lieu of $20,000 on the felony burglary charge and $300 more on the charge of resisting arrest.
• At 1:06 a.m., a 27-year-old was arrested after deputies responded to a report of a domestic dispute at an apartment. He and his wife were reportedly having an argument that deputies said became physical when he allegedly pushed and grabbed her. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 3:37 a.m., a 34-year-old metal worker was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop following reports of a road rage incident at Fairview Drive and 5th Street. He was also charged with careless driving, an expired registration and no proof of insurance. Total bail was set at $1,800.