Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Two men arrested on suspicion of felony burglary charges
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 6:34 p.m., a 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of burglary and battery after an incident in which she allegedly pushed her way into a friend’s apartment and punched the woman there in a dispute over a beer. Bail was set at $21,000.
• At 9:33 p.m., a Carson man was arrested on suspicion of an ex-felon failing to register after his bicycle was stopped because he was riding and texting. Bail was set at $150.
• At 4:53 p.m., a 30-year-old Carson woman was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery for allegedly stopping her 18-year-old sister from leaving a residence by grabbing her by the hair. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 4:34 a.m., a 24-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of being of probation with a no alcohol condition. The arrest report charged that he was at a 0.04 blood alcohol level when a deputy stopped him at 5th Street at Ruth Street after a patrol deputy saw him outside of Arby’s with a flashlight in one hand. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 11:05 a.m., a 20-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of a felony drug warrant after his vehicle was stopped because there was a felony drug warrant out on its owner. He was held without bail on that felony charge and also charged with not having a valid driver’s license.
• At 12:23 p.m., Michael Jacobs of Carson City was arrested on suspicion of drug and domestic battery charges after he was stopped in the Walgreen’s parking lot. A background check revealed the domestic battery warrant. A search of his person revealed a small amount of what the arrest report describes as methamphetamine and an Oxycodone pill. Total bail in the case was set at $8,000.
• At 5:54 p.m., Bryan Pace, 32, was arrested on suspicion of drug charges after a traffic stop at Fairview Drive and Butti Way. He was passenger in a vehicle driven by a 34-year-old woman. A search of the vehicle resulted in him facing charges of meth possession and possession of paraphernalia as well as two traffic warrants. She was charged with possessing a small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia.
• At 7:40 p.m., a 28-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of hit and run property damage after allegedly crashing his car into a fence surrounding the Carson City Airport. He was also held on a warrant charging contempt of court. Total bail was set at $1,000.
• At 2:25 a.m., two women were arrested on suspicion of battery charges after an incident at Club X on Winnie Lane in which they allegedly punched and kicked another woman in the club. One of the two, a 22-year-old, was also charged with violating pre-trial release conditions. Her bail was $4,000. The other woman, 21, was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 2:29 a.m., a Grass Valley man was arrested on suspicion of a variety of misdemeanor charges after a traffic stop for allegedly speeding at Highway 50 and College Parkway. The arresting officer said the vehicle crossed a lane line, was speeding and stopped in the middle of the roadway. The arrest report says there was an open beer in the console and the defendant handed him marijuana from his pocket. He said the defendant failed all sobriety tests in the field. He was charged with DUI-first offense as well as open container in the car, possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, no proof of insurance, failure to maintain a traffic lane and speeding. Total bail was set at $3,330.
• At 1:29 p.m., two Carson City 20-year-olds were arrested on suspicion of burglary charges in the alleged theft of several items from a sporting goods store the previous day. The arrest report says they were identified through surveillance video taken at the store. Justin Wingfield and Anthony Fondi were both charged with burglary and petit larceny. Wingfield was charged with obtaining money under false pretenses. Fondi was additionally charged with possession of heroin and paraphernalia as well as possession of stolen property. Wingfield was held in lieu of $30,250 bail. Fondi was held in lieu of $24,750 bail.
• At 3:45 p.m., a 44-year-old Carson man was charged with DUI-first alcohol, violating probation conditions and speeding after a traffic stop on West Caroline Street. He was held without bail because of the probation charge.