Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on suspicion of felony battery by strangulation
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:28 a.m., a 45-year-old was arrested on suspicion of reckless driving after a traffic stop at North Roop and East William streets. The arrest report says deputies chased his motorcycle several blocks before he stopped at a signal. He was also charged with possession of a dangerous weapon after brass knuckles were discovered in the bike’s saddlebag. Bail was wet at $3,000.
• At 6:11 p.m., two men were arrested on suspicion of petit larceny charges for allegedly trying to take items from Walmart without paying. Each was held in lieu of $250 bail. In addition, the 33-year-old was held in lieu of $825 bail on a charge of violating a suspended sentence order.
• At 6:54 p.m., a 34-year-old Reno man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense following a traffic stop in the area of Sherman and Panamint drives. He also was charged with driving without a valid license and held in lieu of $1,100 bail.
• At 1:26 a.m., a 21-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of with domestic battery after deputies responded to an apartment on Silver Oak Drive. The arrest report charges Edna Llamas-Cortes with felony battery by strangulation. Deputies charged that her boyfriend had numerous scratches and marks on his throat. She was held on a felony count in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• At 3:22 p.m., two men aged 18 and 20 were arrested on suspicion of petit larceny for allegedly trying to pocket several items and leave Walmart without paying for them. Each was held in lieu of $250 bail.
• At 5:40 p.m., Christina Leon, 29, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property for allegedly taking money orders from a purse she found in the restroom at Jack in the Box and attempting to cash them. She was held in lieu of $25,000 bail on that charge plus conspiracy and obtaining money under false pretenses for another $3,500 bail.
At 8:05 p.m., a 23-year-old was arrested on suspicion of with DUI-first offense and using a false ID to avoid prosecution following a traffic stop for alleged speeding at Emerson and College Parkway. He was also charged with lacking a valid drivers’ license and violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $7,100.
• At 2:13 a.m., a 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of with DUI-first offense and possession of drug paraphernalia after deputies were sent to Smiths for a report of an intoxicated person sleeping in the parking lot. The arrest report said the headlights were on and the vehicle running when they arrived. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 5:30 p.m., a 20-year-old transient was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny for allegedly swapping price tags on several items at Walmart. He was also charged with obstructing an officer and held in lieu of a total of $550 bail.