Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on suspicion of identity theft
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 4:39 p.m., a 45-year-old was arrested of suspicion of domestic battery after a deputy reported seeing him punching a woman passenger in his vehicle. He was charged with domestic battery-second offense along with traffic violations while driving. Bail was set at $5,770 on those charges and a warrant issued by the Walker River Justice Court.
• At 10:13 p.m., Timothy Webb, 38, was arrested of suspicion of illegal possession of a gaming device after deputies say he had someone else’s Nugget player’s card on his person. Bail was set at $5,000 on the felony count.
• At 12:05 a.m., a 47-year-old transient was arrested of suspicion of felony false identification to avoid prosecution after being asked by a deputy for his ID. He was also charged with obstructing an officer after the incident in the 500 block of East William St. Bail was set at $5,300.
• At 8:30 a.m., Melissa Carter, 33, was arrested of suspicion of fraudulent use of a credit card after allegedly using the card in a Telegraph Street bar. According to the arrest report, the card was reported lost two weeks ago from Smith’s Market. She was also charged with identity theft, both charges being felonies. Total bail was set at $20,000.
• At 5:15 p.m., a 58-year-old was arrested of suspicion of petit larceny after 7-Eleven staff on Highway 50 east reported seeing him put items in his pockets. He was also charged with contempt for a Carson Justice Court warrant. Bail was set at $1,250.
• At 7:44 p.m., a 21-year-old woman was arrested of suspicion of battery on a peace officer after deputies were called to a report of a domestic battery. The arrest report alleged she fought with the deputy as he tried to talk to her and continued to fight with officers at the jail. Bail was set at $2,500.
• At 11 p.m., a 46-year-old was arrested of suspicion of domestic battery and trying to prevent a woman from calling 911. Deputies were called to the Rock Court residence by the woman who alleged she was thrown onto the bed when she tried to call 911 and he took the phone and threw it against the wall. He was held on a felony charge of preventing a witness from reporting a crime and domestic battery. Total bail was set at $13,000.