Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of child neglect
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 10 a.m., a 23-year-old man was arrested at 658 Saliman on a warrant on suspicion of violation of suspended sentence conditions and held in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• At 7 p.m., a 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of child neglect after his year-old son was found wandering near traffic at 1950 North Carson Street. He told deputies he was unaware the child was outside the residence. The toddler was spotted by a passerby who called deputies and protected the child until they arrived. He was held in lieu of $2,500 bail. His wife came home from work to take care of the child.
• At 7:43 a.m., a 29-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested on suspicion of loitering around Seeliger Elementary School after deputies were called to the scene for a man on a park bench moaning and yelling. The deputy told him to leave the school grounds but he only went a block away and was again reported causing a disturbance. He was arrested and bail set at $500.
• At 11:40 p.m., a 20-year-old Gardnerville woman was arrested on a warrant on suspicion of contempt of court. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 3:15 a.m., a 22-year-old Markleeville man was arrested on a warrant on suspicion of contempt of court and held in lieu of $500 bail.