CCSO seeks help in check fraud, vehicle burglary case
October 10, 2018
The Carson City Sheriff's Office Investigation Division in conjunction with detectives from the Reno Police Department, Sparks Police Department and the Washoe County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's assistance identifying vehicle burglary and check fraud suspects.
Vehicle burglaries have occurred in Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. Checks, credit cards and identifications were stolen during these burglaries. Since May 2018 female suspects have cashed the stolen checks using the stolen identification at Carson City banks.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Carson City Sheriff's Office, Dispatch 775-887-2677, Investigation Division, Detective Sam Hatley 775-283-7852, Investigations Capt. Brian Humphrey 775-283-7850 or Secret Witness 775-322-4900.
Update: Due to this press release, the owner of a white Toyota Tacoma has been located and isn't involved in the fraud. It appears the owner was at the bank at the same time one of the suspects was cashing a check and the bank corporate security provided the photos of the Tacoma.
Trending In: Crime
- Death penalty sought vs. Guzman
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Dispute over towels leads to arrest
- Woman held for public urination, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Nye, Lyon counties settle suit with wrongly jailed Vegas performer after Carson City traffic stop
- Brass knuckles found on mechanic, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office