Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in burglary from vehicle
August 22, 2018
The Carson City Sheriff's Office Investigation Division is asking for assistance in identifying a vehicle burglary/credit card fraud suspect.
On Aug. 16, the victim was at Anytime Fitness at 2629 N. Carson St. in Carson City. The victim returned to her vehicle to find a passenger window had been broken and her purse and other belongings were stolen, according to a media release. The victim's credit cards were then used on Aug. 16 at approximately 5 p.m. at the Carson City Wal-Mart at 3200 Market St.
The suspect is described as a black male adult wearing a red hooded sweat shirt and blue jeans. The suspect was driving a newer black Jeep Cherokee with unknown dealership placards.
The CCSO would like to remind the public not leave valuables such as purses, wallets, credit cards or weapons in their vehicle while visiting exercise gyms, stores and other public places. Gyms are a common place of vehicle burglaries.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact CCSO Dispatch 775-887-2677, Investigation Division, Detective Sam Hatley 775-283-7852, Investigations Capt. Brian Humphrey 775-283-7850 or Secret Witness 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Crime
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit