Updated report: Gunshot said to be self-inflicted
August 6, 2018
UPDATE: Carson City Sheriff's Detectives have determined the Sunday afternoon report of a shooting in Carson City at the I-580 and College Parkway exit was falsely reported by the victim.
While the investigation is ongoing, investigators have strong information the gunshot wound was self-inflicted, and no threat exists in the community to others. The exact nature of the incident remains in question. However, the weapon used has been recovered and it has been established no one else is being sought in connection with this incident.
ORIGINAL POST: A driver was the victim of a gunshot wound in Carson City on Sunday.
At about 2:30 p.m. a Carson City Fire/Paramedic crew reported to an accident at the intersection of Highway 580 (southbound) and College Parkway in North Carson City. As paramedics began to treat the driver of the single vehicle accident, they reported discovering the driver had a small caliber gunshot wound to his chest. The driver, a Washoe County resident, was transported to Renown Medical Center by Care Flight. His immediate medical condition wasn't known and his identity was being withheld.
The 580 and College Parkway exit was closed for most of the afternoon as investigators processed the vehicle and attempted to gather information related to the incident. The victim wasn't able to provide any useful leads. Due to the seriousness of the injuries, Carson City detectives haven't yet been able to obtain a complete interview of the victim, who's expected to survive his wounds.
Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to contact the Carson City Sheriff's Office at 775-887-2677.
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Suspect in fleeing vehicle in Lyon County apprehended
- Inmate in custody; fiancee still missing
- Martinez-Guzman will face Washoe, Douglas murder charges first
- Carson City man pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe