Fernley man gets life in child molestation, pornography case
August 13, 2018
A Fernley man was sentenced to life in prison for child molestation and child pornography, according to a release from the Lyon County District Attorney.
Ronald T.J. Engle, 57, was sentenced Aug. 6 to life in prison on nine counts and one to three years on one count in Third Judicial District Court.
The charges included sexual assault on a child, lewdness on a child under 14, attempted sexual assault, unlawful use of minor in production of pornography and possession of a visual presentation depicting sexual conduct of a person under 16.
Engle must serve a minimum of 90 years in Nevada prisons before he would be eligible for parole. A jury returned the 10-count guilty verdict May 23.
Engle was convicted of molesting a child in Fernley over two years and having a video on his cellular phone depicting child pornography. Engle was arrested after an investigation led by the Lyon County Sheriff's Office Detective Division along with the Fernley Patrol Division.
"This sentence brings some justice and closure to the victim and the victim's family in this case, and the sentence will protect society by guaranteeing that Engle will never be released to victimize another child," Lyon County District Attorney Stephen Rye said in the release.
Trending In: Crime
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’