Fernley shooting was result of domestic incident
November 7, 2016
The Lyon County Sheriff's Office has identified the gunman in last week's Fernley shooting.
Lyon County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting last Thursday at 7:10 p.m., at the East Newlands Drive in Fernley.
One victim died at the scene and a second victim was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The gunman has been identified as 50-year-old David Wayne Frees from Fernley and was pronounced dead at the scene as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Frees shot himself after shooting the victim.
The victim's identity has not been released yet, but he is expected to fully recover from the injuries.
Deputies determined the shooting was the result of a domestic violence incident.
Recommended Stories For You
Investigators are asking anyone who may have information regarding this case to contact the Lyon County detectives at 775-577-5206 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Crime
- Court upholds murder conviction of Incline Village man
- Death penalty sought vs. Guzman
- Dad held after toddlers found wandering, Sheriff’s Office says
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Dispute over towels leads to arrest
- Nye, Lyon counties settle suit with wrongly jailed Vegas performer after Carson City traffic stop