Fraud suspect leaves children and escapes, sheriff’s office says; reward offered
November 19, 2018
The Carson City Sheriff's Office Investigation Division is asking the public's assistance in locating a check fraud suspect. Secret Witness is offering a $250 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect in the case.
On Thursday, Nov. 15, detectives were investigating check fraud on the 2700 block of Menlo Drive in Carson City. Suspect Debra Tridigo-Mendes jumped out of an apartment bedroom window and ran away, leaving her two children, ages 8 and 5, without proper supervision. The children were released to the state of Nevada Child and Family Services.
Tridigo-Mendes has two warrants from Carson City Justice Court for contempt of court.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Carson City Sheriff's Office, Dispatch 775-887-2677, Investigation Division, Detective Sam Hatley 775-283-7852, Investigations Capt. Brian Humphrey 775-283-7850 or Secret Witness 775-322-4900, http://www.secretwitness.com., or text your tip to 847411 (TIP411) keyword – SW. All calls to Secret Witness remain anonymous, and Secret Witness pays rewards for information on all crimes.
Trending In: Crime
- $150,000 bail for suspicion of lewdness with a child, CCSO says
- Grant to train Nevada officers to handle DUI cases
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Don’t be lying on sidewalk with sheriff around
- CCSO: Reported victim actually suspect in burglaries
- 2 held for harassing ex-boyfriend, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says