Incline Village booze bandit allegedly steals $15K in wine
November 3, 2017
A man allegedly made off with more than $15,000 in high-end wine from Raley's supermarket in Incline Village on Monday, Oct. 23, authorities said.
The incident happened sometime between 6:45 and 7 p.m. The suspect, described as a 6-foot tall, 180-pound white male, entered the store and then proceeded to fill up a shopping cart with wine, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office said in a report released on Wednesday, Nov. 1.
His haul included 23 bottles of Caymus 2013 Special Select Cabernet, which was valued at $165.70 per bottle. He also stole 2 bottles of Stag's Leap 2014 SLV Cabernet, which was valued at $157.13 per bottle.
The suspect also took an unspecified number of Joseph Phelps 2012 Insignia red wine bottles, which was valued at $239.99 each. All told, the man got away with 55 bottles of wine.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the sheriff office's detective division at 775-328-3320 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Crime
- Minden dispute leads to 2 arrests, 5 pounds of pot
- Sheriff: Man jailed after attack with Japanese style sword
- Nevada Division of Parole and Probation seeking help finding Javier Ruben Martinez
- 5 arrested during Carson City law enforcement sweep
- Carson City Sheriff’s report provides lesson: Don’t lose your glasses