Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
October 18, 2017
An inmate died Tuesday at the state prison in Carson City, according to a Nevada Department of Corrections release.
The release said Samuel Blake died Tuesday at approximately 6:30 p.m., at the regional medical facility inside the Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.
Blake, 74, was committed from Clark County on Aug. 26, 1980, and was serving a life sentence for first degree murder.
The Carson City Sheriff's Office coroner responded. An autopsy will be scheduled and next of kin have been notified.
Trending In: Crime
- 23 arrested in narcotics operation in Carson City
- Citizens help detain Gardnerville burglary suspects
- Drug suspect held without bail, Carson City sheriff’s office says
- 2 plead guilty to trying to bring drugs into Carson City prison
- Gardnerville man held on controlled substance, fleeing charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office