Lively night at Carson Tahoe Hospital, CCSO reports
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:50 a.m., a 42-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st drugs after an off-duty officer reported witnessing a man smoking a joint while driving. He was stopped near the Ford dealership on South Carson Street and arrested. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 6:11 p.m., Jesse Sills-Teran, 31, was arrested after attempting to evade deputies who spotted him acting suspiciously at the Maverick on Highway 50. As he drove away, he made an abrupt lane change then a U-turn on College Parkway. Deputies followed his vehicle to Highway 50 into the parking lot of the Whiskey Tavern. The report says when they removed him from the car, he refused to comply with commands and resisted deputies. A drug dog alerted to the vehicle and a search found a black bag containing a meth pipe, two containers of hash oil and other paraphernalia including a scale. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and paraphernalia, DUI 1st drugs, unsafe lane change, obstructing and driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $5,455.
• At 10:56 a.m., a 53-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of DUI after a traffic stop for failure to maintain a lane at Saliman and 5th Streets. He was also arrested on suspicion of the traffic violation and driving with a suspended license. Bail was set at $1,540.
• At 7:35 a.m., a 37-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery 2nd offense for allegedly knocking her husband’s glasses off in a fight outside their apartment on Lone Mountain. Her bail was set at $3,000.
• At 10:36 p.m., Eric Stringham, 26, was arrested after a traffic stop at 5th and Roop streets. He was a passenger in the vehicle and initially gave deputies a false name and ignored deputy’s commands to keep his hands in sight. He resisted attempts to control him once out of the vehicle. A search followed and deputies reported finding needles and heroin in Stringham’s backpack. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin and paraphernalia, obstructing and resisting, using a false ID to avoid arrest and violating suspended sentence conditions. Bail was set at $9,750. The female driver was released at the scene.
• At 5:49 p.m., a 61-year-old banquet employee was arrested after a caller told dispatch he witnessed a possible DUI driver hit the median in the area of Goni Road and Research way. He was arrested on suspicion of DUI 2nd offense after failing a field sobriety test. Bail was set at $2,500.
• At 9:40 p.m., a 24-year-old was arrested on suspicion of obstructing and resisting after deputies were called to an apartment on Silver Oak Drive for a possible domestic battery. He refused to comply with the deputy’s orders and fought with him, forcing the deputy to use his TASER to subdue the defendant. He was arrested on suspicion of obstructing, resisting and violating alternative sentence conditions for being intoxicated. Bail was set at $3,750.
• At 11:37 p.m., a 36-year-old South Lake Tahoe man was arrested on suspicion of three counts of battery after allegedly punching a nurse and several other people during a mental examination at Carson Tahoe Hospital. Bail was set at $9,000.
• At 12:28 a.m., a 57-year-old was arrested on suspicion of trespassing after refusing to leave Carson Tahoe Hospital and was reported asking other people for money in the hospital. His bail was set at $150.