Man arrested in connection with weekend burglaries at Carson Lanes bowling alley
February 26, 2018
The Carson City Sheriff's Office arrested a suspect believed to be involved in two burglaries at Carson Lanes over the weekend.
Lee Lawson, 25, was arrested on burglary and other charges Monday after allegedly burglarizing the Snyder Lane bowling alley both Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday, Lawson is suspected of remaining in the bowling alley hiding until after closing when the employees left. He's also suspected of taking several items including a laptop computer, money, blank checks and other documents.
Sunday, deputies responded to Carson Lanes again around 3 a.m., for a second break-in where the same suspect is believed to have rummaged through several offices and took unknown items.
The investigation revealed the suspect spent time in two local casinos over the weekend where security cameras provided photos of Lawson. At 4 p.m. Monday, he returned to one of the casinos at which time security called the Sheriff's Office.
Deputies located the suspect in the 2000 block of Highway 50. He was arrested, wearing some of the same clothing worn during the burglary and in possession of several items stolen at the time.
Recommended Stories For You
Lawson was charged with burglary, possession of stolen property, unauthorized use of a credit card and a possession of drug paraphernalia warrant out of Reno.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman wanted a smoke, gets arrested, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office investigating reported drive-by shooting Tuesday afternoon
- Three Nevada prison inmate deaths reported
- Two arrested on murder charge, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Two held without bail, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Vegas to Reno freeway will bypass Douglas County
- 5 Fallon men compete in Fallon’s 11th DWTS