Man faces trafficking, burglary charges, CCSO says
January 23, 2019
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 8:23 a.m., Mark MacArthur, 55, was arrested after deputies were called to the Paul Laxalt building on a report of a man trying to break into a parked car. He told deputies it was a friend's vehicle and he had permission but deputies were unable to contact the owner. A search revealed a baggie containing what appeared to be meth along with burglary tools. In booking they discovered prescription pills and a container of hashish oil. He was arrested on suspicion of felony trafficking, possession with intent to sell and attempted burglary. He was also arrested on suspicion of two counts of possessing paraphernalia and failure to obey. Bail was set at $64,500.
• At 10:18 a.m., a 28-year-old man was arrested at Sherman Lane and Bel Aire Way after deputies responded to a report of someone inside a vacant house on Fairmont. He was arrested after construction workers across the street gave deputies a description. He was held on two outstanding warrants and arrested on suspicion of obstruction for giving deputies an incorrect identification. Bail was set at $6,300.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Not a good idea to almost back into deputy’s car
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Homeless couple arrested in parking lot, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Suspect in fleeing vehicle in Lyon County apprehended
- Court won’t dismiss 20-year-old Carson City murder case