Man held for DUI with 3 kids in vehicle, Sheriff’s Office says
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 12:17 a.m., James Brown, 31, was arrested after deputies stopped him at Carson and Adams streets. Dispatch reported he had two outstanding contempt of court warrants. A search after his arrest revealed a meth pipe and small amount of meth. After he was transported to the jail, another meth pipe was found on the floor of the patrol vehicle. Brown was arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and paraphernalia as well as attempting to conceal evidence as well as the two warrants. Bail was set at $3,227.
• At 4:01 a.m., Adriana Vanegas, 24, was arrested after a deputy saw her sleeping in her vehicle in a parking lot on College Parkway. She was arrested after the deputy spotted a meth pipe in her front pocket. A subsequent search revealed both meth and heroin. She was arrested on suspicion of two counts of possession and one of possessing paraphernalia. Bail was set at $2,500.
• At 7:31 p.m., a 38-year-old man was arrested after deputies responded to a report of a domestic dispute at an apartment on College Parkway. He had left the scene in a truck and the deputy pulled the vehicle over on College Parkway. He was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st alcohol and, because three children were in the vehicle, child endangerment. He was also arrested on suspicion of violating bail conditions. The allegations of domestic battery were turned over to the DA’s office for investigation. Bail was set at $6,500.
• At 4:18 p.m., Erin Mason, 38, was arrested after a traffic stop for riding her bicycle into oncoming traffic on Woodside Drive. She was found to have a hypodermic needled containing meth on her person. Bail was set at $3,500.
• At 6:20 p.m., a 36-year-old was arrested on suspicion of two counts of domestic battery after deputies were called to his residence on Long Street. He’s accused of attacking his wife and his father who was trying to calm him down. Bail was set at $6,000.
• At 8:12 p.m., a 48-year-old was arrested on suspicion of DUI after his motorcycle was stopped at Roop and William Streets for speeding. He was also arrested on suspicion of not having a motorcycle certification on his driver’s license. Bail was set at $1,100.
• At 10:50 p.m., Anselmo Gallegos-Velasquez, 38, was arrested after deputies responded to a report of a vehicle that crashed into a ditch on Woodside Drive. He was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st alcohol and with possession of a controlled substance after a search found a small amount of cocaine. Bail was set at $3,500.
• At 2:52 a.m., Marcha Rojas-Larios, 32, was arrested on suspicion of burglary after admitting she entered another person’s home on Continental Drive without permission. The arrest report states she was attempting to steal the homeowner’s prescription pills. Her bail was set at $25,000.