Owyhee man sentenced for second degree murder
June 5, 2018
Borden Bitt, 25, of Owyhee was sentenced to 180 months in prison this week for second degree murder within Indian Country.
Bitt is a member of the Shoshone Paiute tribes of Duck Valley.
He was arrested by a Bureau of Indian Affairs officer after they were called on a report of a fight. The victim was found face down on the floor. Bitt admitted to approaching the victim from behind and slitting his throat with a knife.
After serving the 180 months in federal prison, the judge ordered he serve an additional five years of supervised release.
Trending In: Crime
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit