Rock solid arrest for Carson City Sheriff’s Office
March 4, 2019
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 11:27 a.m., a 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion he threw a football-size rock through the driver's side window of a neighbor's car at a William Street apartment. The rock caused an estimated $2,500 damage. Bail was set at $2,500 on suspicion of destruction of property.
• At 9:57 p.m., Joshua Copp, 44, was arrested after a traffic stop following a high speed chase that ended at Reeves and North Edmonds. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and as a prohibited person in possession of a firearm after a 9 mm pistol was found in the driver's door pocket. He was also arrested on suspicion of child endangerment for the young boy who was a passenger, obstruction of justice, reckless driving, possession of paraphernalia and an open alcohol container in the car. Total bail was set at $26,600.
At 5:12 a.m., a guest at the North Carson Street Holiday Inn was arrested on suspicion he activated a fire alarm and disorderly conduct. The arrest report says he did so after an employee warned him not to touch the fire alarms. Bail was set at $3,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• At 8:19 p.m., three people were arrested after a traffic stop for an improper turn at East William and Saliman. The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $500. One passenger, a Dayton man, was arrested on suspicion of a parole violation and held without bail. After a search, the woman was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin and paraphernalia. Bail was set at $3,500.
• At 10:39 p.m., three people including Christopher Dobson, 45, were arrested at the Silver Queen Motel after the manager directed deputies to a room where unauthorized persons might be staying. He was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of marijuana and paraphernalia based on a no drugs condition in his probation documents. He was also arrested on suspicion of violating bail conditions. Bail was set at $6,500. In addition, a 44-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of violating bail conditions and a 44-year-old man was arrested as a convicted felon failing to register and on a failure to appear warrant. Her bail was set at $3,000. His bail was set at $890.
• At 2:05 a.m., a 21-year-old student was arrested after deputies were called to the Blue Bull bar on a report of a hit and run. Both vehicles were parked outside and had suffered damage. The suspect owner of one of the vehicles was found inside the bar and initially gave deputies the wrong name and denied involvement in the wreck. She was arrested on suspicion of hit and run of an unoccupied vehicle, obstructing a peace officer, DUI 1st alcohol and driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $1,900.
• At 8:45 a.m., a 33-year-old transient was arrested on two outstanding warrants after deputies were called to Cactus Jack's Casino on a report of a woman sleeping in front of a slot machine. The arrest report says the deputies recognized her as a person with outstanding warrants and took her into custody. Bail was set at $2,000.
• At 9:30 a.m., a 52-year-old man was arrested at the Carson Tahoe Motel on suspicion of violating alternative sentencing conditions prohibiting contact with the woman he was with. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At noon, a 59-year-old transient was arrested on two contempt of court warrants after a deputy recognized him walking past the Frontier Motel. Bail was set at $750.
Trending In: Crime
- Court upholds murder conviction of Incline Village man
- Death penalty sought vs. Guzman
- Dad held after toddlers found wandering, Sheriff’s Office says
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Dispute over towels leads to arrest
- Nye, Lyon counties settle suit with wrongly jailed Vegas performer after Carson City traffic stop