SHERIFF’S LOG: Couple arrested after report of intoxicated woman with 2-year-old
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 7:19 p.m., an 18-year-old Minden woman was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny after allegedly taking a pair of shoes from Kohl’s. Bail was set at $250.
• At 9 p.m., an 81-year-old was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st after running into the rear of another vehicle at the US50/I580 on ramp. His bail was set at $1,075.
• At 9:13 p.m., a 50-year-old was arrested on suspicion of DUI 2nd after following an accident in the 1900 block of N. Carson Street. Supspect was ordered held in lieu of $2,500 bail.
• At 12:38 a.m., a 26-year-old woman and 36-year-old man were arrested after deputies went to the area of Sonoma and Jackson Streets to check on a report of an intoxicated woman with a small child. When deputies arrived the male subject reportedly started yelling at them and told them to get off his property. According to the arrest report, he fought with deputies and had to be tazed. He was handcuffed and arrested. The woman was inside allegedly so drunk she couldn’t take care of the 2-year-old. His stepfather was called to take custody of the child. The man was arrested on suspicion of of intimidating an officer and resisting with violence. Bail was set at $3,500. He was later also charged as an ex-felon failing to register with $500 more in bail. She was arrested on suspicion of child abuse/neglect and held in lieu of $2,500 bail. Another woman at the scene was also arrested on suspicion of obstructing a peace officer.
• At 4:29 a.m., a 38-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st after a deputy first advised not to get in the vehicle at Telegraph and Plaza but then, a few minutes later, saw the vehicle drive by and commit two traffic violations. She was also charged with no proof of insurance and held in lieu of a total of $1,675.
• At 9:41 p.m., a 36-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st after deputies were dispatched to West Hampton on a report of a man sleeping in his vehicle. According to the arrest report, the car was running, the driver’s side door open and his feet hanging out of the vehicle. The report said there was an open can of beer on the floor board and the driver was asleep in the front seat. He was also charged with having an open container and no valid license. Total bail was set at $1,200.
• At 11:22 p.m., a 23-year-old was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st after his car was stopped because he failed to turn on the headlights. Bail was set at $1,025.
• At 12:35 p.m., a 47-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after deputies were called to an apartment on David. A neighbor called for help because the defendant’s girlfriend was screaming for help. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 5:25 p.m., two Wadsworth residents were arrested on suspicion of burglary for allegedly shoplifting at Walmart. The 47-year-old female was also charged with trespassing. The 42-year-old male was also arrested on warrants charging petit larceny and writing a check without sufficient funds. Her bail was set at $3,500. His was set at $3,750.
• At 5:40 p.m., a 46-year-old was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery at an address on Lovelace for allegedly hitting her mother in the face. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 7:40 p.m., a 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after an alleged dispute with his girlfriend. Bail was set at $3,000.