Sheriff’s Office participating in Joining Forces operation
December 8, 2014
The Carson City Sheriff's Office along with other law enforcement agencies throughout Nevada, will be participating in Joining Forces through the month of December. The focus of this event will be impaired drivers.
Grant funding for this event is provided by the Nevada Department of Public Safety-Office of Traffic Safety. The money will be used to pay for additional deputies who will be out looking for impaired drivers.
Other events that will be held in the future focus on pedestrian safety, seat belt use, distracted driving, speeding and impaired driving. The object of these events is to increase safety on our roadways and reduce crashes which can lead to death and injuries.
Also, the Carson City Sheriff's Office will be conducting a pedestrian crosswalk enforcement operation on Thursday, Dec. 17.
Trending In: Crime
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’