Sparks detective shoots suspect in Reno
August 9, 2018
RENO — Reno police are investigating after a detective from Sparks shot a suspect southeast of downtown Reno.
The suspect was in stable condition Thursday at a Reno hospital after being shot at about 6 p.m. Wednesday near Lester Avenue and Roberts Street just west of Kietzke Lane.
No one else was hurt.
The Sparks detective was part of a regional police unit that was conducting an investigation in the area that resulted in a confrontation with the suspect.
Sparks police officer Ken Gallop says Reno police are leading the investigation in accordance with regional officer-involved shooting protocols. Washoe County sheriff's deputies are assisting in that investigation.
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested after waving a gun, threatening people says Carson City Sheriff’s Office.
- New sex offender registration law in effect in Nevada
- Transient held on 3 warrants, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- CCSO seeks help in check fraud, vehicle burglary case
- DUI suspect stops in center lane, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says