Truckee man arrested for setting off illegal fireworks
August 7, 2018
Dominic Burrows, 25, of Truckee, was arrested just before midnight Sunday after dispatch received multiple 911 calls complaining someone was setting off fireworks near the water tower off Koontz Lane.
Several of the callers expressed concern the fireworks would start a fire in the brush near their homes. The dispatcher reported she could hear the fireworks in the background while talking to one caller.
One caller followed the pickup truck as it left the area, enabling deputies to find and stop it at East 5th Street and Airport Road.
According to the arrest report, there was a large amount of fireworks in the bed of the truck.
Burrows admitted to setting off the fireworks which he said he purchased while on his way home to Truckee.
The deputy seized all the fireworks as evidence and arrested Burrows on suspicion of possession of and discharging fireworks in violation of Nevada law. His bail was set at $500.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s report provides lesson: Don’t lose your glasses
- 5 arrested during Carson City law enforcement sweep
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Carson City Sheriff seeks help to ID vehicle burglary suspects
- Carson City Sheriff seeks help in finding burglary suspect