Two arrested at gunpoint, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
February 1, 2018
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
At 3:40 p.m., Nicholas Applonie, 26, of Washoe Valley, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, suspended driver's license, obedience to a traffic control device and possession of drug paraphernalia after deputies responded to reports of a petit larceny at the Market Street Walmart. The suspect attempted to flee from police where they apprehended him at gunpoint at the Research Way Maverick Gas Station. Bail was set at $4,040.
At 11:54 p.m., a 27-year-old Mound House man was arrested on suspicion of battery on a protected class, resisting a public officer, resisting a public officer with violence, impeding traffic and drunken pedestrian after deputies conducted a pedestrian stop near Curry and Park Streets. While attempting to talk with the subject he started allegedly fighting with deputies. Bail was set at $3,850.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies and violent crimes. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Crime
- Three arrested on drug charges in connection to escaped inmate investigation, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Man held on failure to appear, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Prison officials investigate apparent suicide
- Two arrested in one traffic stop, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Darrell Moody: NIAA gets Wooden Nickel for treatment of Dayton
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Powlison claims Carson City Off-Road 50-miler
- Carson City Off-Road Notebook: Mazza’s change in sports pays off