Unlicensed contractor convicted
November 16, 2016
Austin Joseph Hayden of Reno has been convicted on a gross misdemeanor charge of contracting without a license.
Hayden, 33, was sentenced to a year in jail, suspended except for 14 days, and three years probation. He will also be required to pay more than $47,500 in restitution to the victims.
The charges were filed after the Contractor's Board received complaints from homeowners. He had previously been investigated in 2008 for bidding on a job to undercover investigators.
A spokesman for the board said anyone with information on Hayden or another unlicensed contractor is advertising or soliciting services is encouraged to call the Nevada State Contractor's Board hotline at 775-850-7838.
Trending In: Crime
- Court upholds murder conviction of Incline Village man
- Death penalty sought vs. Guzman
- Dad held after toddlers found wandering, Sheriff’s Office says
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Dispute over towels leads to arrest
- Nye, Lyon counties settle suit with wrongly jailed Vegas performer after Carson City traffic stop