Unlicensed contractor convicted
November 16, 2016
Austin Joseph Hayden of Reno has been convicted on a gross misdemeanor charge of contracting without a license.
Hayden, 33, was sentenced to a year in jail, suspended except for 14 days, and three years probation. He will also be required to pay more than $47,500 in restitution to the victims.
The charges were filed after the Contractor's Board received complaints from homeowners. He had previously been investigated in 2008 for bidding on a job to undercover investigators.
A spokesman for the board said anyone with information on Hayden or another unlicensed contractor is advertising or soliciting services is encouraged to call the Nevada State Contractor's Board hotline at 775-850-7838.
Trending In: Crime
- Citizens help detain Gardnerville burglary suspects
- 23 arrested in narcotics operation in Carson City
- Drug suspect held without bail, Carson City sheriff’s office says
- Transient held on burglary charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 21-year-old held on felony burglary, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office