Washoe County murderer dies in Carson City prison
August 30, 2018
A convicted murderer from Washoe County died Tuesday at a Carson City prison, according to the Nevada Department of Corrections.
An NDOC media release said Larry Hansen was found unresponsive in his cell Tuesday at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City. Hansen was celled alone at the time.
Responding staff immediately began life saving measures and EMTs were called. Hansen was pronounced dead at 4:05 p.m., according to the release.
Hansen, 59, was committed from Washoe County on May 22, 1981, and was serving life for first degree murder, kidnapping and robbery.
The Carson City Sheriff's Office coroner responded. An autopsy will be scheduled and next of kin have been notified.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s report provides lesson: Don’t lose your glasses
- 5 arrested during Carson City law enforcement sweep
- Minden dispute leads to 2 arrests, 5 pounds of pot
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Carson City Sheriff seeks help to ID vehicle burglary suspects