Yerington man jailed after Friday shooting
November 24, 2014
A 74-year-old Yerington man is in custody in Lyon County Jail after he allegedly shot a man after an altercation on Friday.
The Yerington Police Department says it was called to The Methodist Church, 121 N. Main St., at 6:40 p.m. for a fight involving a gun. The investigation showed Jimmy Moss, 74, of Yerington was involved in a verbal altercation at an Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting that turned into a fight and ultimately resulted in a shooting.
The victim, who has not been identified, was taken by ambulance and later flown by Care Flight medical helicopter to Renown in Reno.
Moss was booked into jail on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon and attempted murder. Bail is set at $80,000.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to call the Yerington Police Department at 775-463-2333 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Crime
- Prisoner charged with escape, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- DUI suspect stops in center lane, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sheriff: Man passed out on bench held on drug charges
- CCSO seeks help in check fraud, vehicle burglary case
- Two fugitives apprehended, Nevada Department of Public Safety says