CV Historic society extends nomination deadline
GARDNERVILLE – The Carson Valley Historical Society has extended the deadline for nominations to the Women’s History Remembering Project. Nominations should be mailed by Feb. 15.
To celebrate women’s history week, the Carson Valley Historical Society will conduct a ceremony at 1 p.m. March 5 to honor Carson Valley women who have been nominated for the Women’s History Remembering Project.
The ceremony will follow the opening of the women’s history exhibit, “Nevada Women on the Road to Change, 1890-1920” and a reception will be held at the Carson Valley Historical Museum and Cultural Center from 2-4 p.m.
All Carson Valley nominations will be saved in the society’s library located at the Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center.
The basic information being sought includes:
1. Name of the woman to be honored. (Please include all her names, maiden, married and maybe married again).
2. When and where was she born?
3. If deceased, when and where?
4. If she was not born in the Carson Valley, when and why did she move to the Carson Valley?
5. What other dates in her life are significant?
6. Why you are honoring her?
7. What are the major accomplishments of her life?
8. Include your name, address and phone number in order for us to verify information.
Mail nominations before Feb. 15 to The Women’s History Remembering Project, Attention Peggy Knox, Carson Valley Historical Society, 1477 Highway 395, Gardnerville 89410.