August 26, 2004
• St. Ann’s Rummage Sale, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at St. Ann’s Church in Dayton, off Highway 50 at Hughes Road. Features furniture, kitchen appliances, lamps and more. Call 246-7578.
• Dayton Senior Center End of Summer Potluck Dinner Celebration, 5:30 p.m. Open to all seniors; bring your favorite side dish to share. At 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Call 246-6210.
• Silver Stage Nighthawk Booster Club’s second annual Show ‘n’ Shine at Silver Stage High School football field, registration at 8 a.m.; 21 classes with trophies to be awarded in all; show ‘n’ shine 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; awards ceremony at 4. Food and refreshments available, plus prize drawings. Call 629-1969, 629-9166 or 577-2077.
Recommended Stories For You
• Lyon County Relay for Life at Yerington High School track, 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. A fund-raiser for the American Cancer Society. To register or for information, call Nancy Pursel at (775) 463-4479 or Kyle Davis at the ACS in Reno, 329-0609.
• Crown Point Mill Tour, 9:30 a.m. starting at Fourth Ward School in Virginia City. A benefit for Keck Museum and Historic Fourth Ward School Museum. Tickets $20 adults; $15 children. Reservations advised; space limited. Call 847-0975.
• Dayton Regional Advisory Council meets at 7 p.m. at the Dayton Utilities Building, 34 The Lakes Blvd. Call 246-6227.
• Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe Festival, Fallon. Admission $5; call 884-0378.
• Lake Lahontan Fall Expo at Lake Lahontan’s Day Use area. Features food, music, fishing derby, craft vendors and more. Call 577-4595 or 577-4336.
Dance classes every Monday and Wednesday after school hours at the Dayton Community Center, 170 Pike St. Includes ballet, Broadway jazz, lyrical dance, plus pre-ballet, tumbling and creative dance. Tuition is $42 per month; family rates available. Call Carolyn Oliver at 883-0903 or 246-6227.
• 45th annual Virginia City International Camel Races. Features jockey party, 6-9 p.m. Thursday in The Alley behind Cactus Jack’s, Old Glove and Carson Horseshoe Club in Carson City; Saturday, 6-9 p.m., 1890s Camel Hump Ball at the Delta Saloon. Races at the rodeo arena; $10 general admission; $30 for VIP (includes covered seating, food and drinks); family pack $25, juniors/seniors and military $8. Call 887-1294.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Central Lyon County Connection’s Mentor Program “Join the Fun Run,” 7:30 a.m. – starts and ends at Our Park, west Dayton. Includes a 5- and 10K-run and 2-mile walk. Fee $20, $35 adult and youth, includes T-shirt, drawing prize and refreshments. Call 246-0320.
• Dayton Valley Golf Club Luau, 5 p.m., open to the public. Features Hawaiian entertainment, food and refreshment. Cost $25; call 246-7888.