November 9, 2004
• Misfits Theater Group of Dayton presents “The Unspeakables, or Tea Time in Dayton,” a Roaring ’20s melodrama. At Mia’s Swiss Restaurant in Dayton, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $8. Purchase at Mia’s and Connie’s Copy Place in Dayton or call 246-9622.
• Kiwanis Club of Dayton Township’s annual All-You-Can-Eat Spaghetti Feed, 5-8 p.m. at Dayton Elementary School, includes silent auction and raffle. Cost $6 adults, $3 children 4-10; tickets available at the door. Call 629-0301.
• Family History Seminar from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Carson City Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 411 N. Saliman Road. An opportunity for beginners to find out about their family members and for more advanced researchers, more sophisticated search techniques are shown. All ages and faiths welcome; call 884-2064.
• Soroptimist International of Dayton yard sale at the Dayton Community Center, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. All money raised will go toward a scholarship fund at Dayton High School. Call 246-5538 for information.
TUESDAYs, THROUGH dec. 14
Recommended Stories For You
• Series of free workshops called “Parents Who Care” for parents and caregivers of teens and preteens ages 12-16, Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Intermediate School. For information or to register, call Michele Watkins at 246-0320.
• Seventh annual Turkey Drop, hosted by Mike’s Pharmacy, 1007 N. Curry St., 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Turkeys should be frozen, of any size. Includes live radio broadcast on KOH 780. Call 841-1400.
• Wild Horse Preservation League community meeting, 7:30 p.m. at Lyon County Public Works Building, 34 Lakes Blvd., Dayton. Call 241-0640 or 241-7138.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Do-Mor for Dayton community organization’s third annual wine-tasting night, “Great Winter Wonderland Wine Tasting,” at 7 p.m. at the Dayton Community Center. Tickets are $20 at Mia’s Swiss Restaurant, Connie’s Copy Center, Old Fogy’s Club or the Chamber of Commerce, or call 246-8080. Businesses can purchase a table.
• Friends of the Dayton Library 17th annual Christmas Faire, Crafts, Gifts and Book Sale at Dayton High School 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Includes 57 craft booths, raffle and silent auction, home-baked goods, hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, sausages and other snacks. Mr. and Mrs. Claus will listen to wish lists, read to children at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., and give out candy canes and books. Children’s crafts at 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday and 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Call 246-3910.
To reach the Nevada Appeal newsroom with a news tip or a community event notice for the Dayton area, call 881-1210. Send information to P.O. Box 2288, Carson City, 89702.