December 21, 2004
• Carson Nugget’s annual Christmas meal offered free from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Coffee Shop. Diners just say, “I’m a guest of the Nugget today.” Call 882-1626.
• Carson Nugget’s gala New Year’s Eve Party in the main ballroom, 7 p.m.-1 a.m. Features live music by The Motifs and Bill McClain’s Mobile Music. Dinner buffet served from 7-9 p.m.; no-host bar, free party hats and favors, champagne and free commemorative champagne flute. Reservations required; tickets $50. Call 882-1626, ext. 221.
• New Year’s Eve dance at the Brewery Arts Center, 8 p.m. to midnight. Features live music by Wild Sage and caller Tom Thoreau; potluck desserts/finger foods at 10 p.m., champagne or sparkling cider at midnight. All ages welcome; $10 adults ($12 at the door), $6 children. Call Darla at 883-9351.
• New Year’s Eve gathering with live music from Wicker Box, 9 p.m. at Carson Indian Colony Gymnasium, 2900 S. Curry St.; all ages. Entry is $1; beer and sodas sold; 50/50 drawing and raffle. Proceeds benefit kids recreation and Easter programs. Call 882-8706.
Recommended Stories For You
• Second annual Genoa Bar Unplugged New Year’s Eve party, 9 p.m. with live music by trumpeter Ray James. No lights, no slots, no television and no jukebox – everything’s unplugged. Call Willy Webb at 782-3870.
• Delbert McClinton performs at 9 p.m. at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom. Call 356-3300.
• Stagecoach General Improvement District public hearing on water rate increase, 7 p.m. at Stagecoach Community Center.
• Public meeting for a recreation center in Dayton, 7-8 p.m. at the Community Center, 170 Pike St.
To reach the Nevada Appeal newsroom with a news tip or a community event notice for the Dayton area, call 881-1210. Send information to P.O. Box 2288, Carson City, NV 89702.