December 28, 2004
• New Year’s Eve dance at the Brewery Arts Center, 8 p.m. to midnight. Features live music by Wild Sage and caller Tom Thoreau; potluck desserts/finger foods at 10 p.m., champagne or sparkling cider at midnight. All ages; $10 adults ($12 at the door), $6 children. Call Darla at 883-9351.
• New Year’s Eve gathering with live music from Wicker Box, 9 p.m. at Carson Indian Colony Gymnasium, 2900 S. Curry St., all ages. Entry is $1; beer and sodas sold; 50/50 drawing and raffle. Proceeds benefit kids recreation and Easter programs. Call 882-8706.
• Second annual Genoa Bar Unplugged New Year’s Eve party, 9 p.m. with live music by trumpeter Ray James. No lights, no slots, no television and no jukebox – everything’s unplugged. Call Willy Webb at 782-3870.
• Live New Year’s Eve fireworks show, 11:45 p.m. on South Virginia Street, between First and Second streets in Reno, with live broadcast on News 4. Call 323-1046.
Recommended Stories For You
• Central Lyon Parks and Recreation Department’s ongoing classes in ballet (Russian technique) and Broadway jazz for elementary, intermediate and high school-age children and adults and tumbling for the very young starts. Classes Mondays and Wednesdays after school at the Dayton Community Center on Pike Street. Fee $42 for a single dancer for eight or nine classes per month, family rates of $22 extra per month for each additional dancer in the same family. For information, go to http://www.ballet society.com or call 246-6227 or 883-0903.
• The Community Action Group of Yerington, organized by residents concerned about the Yerington mine site radiation, meets at 7 p.m. at Jeannie Dini Center. They are fighting for tests to be done to assess if there are any risks for residents. For information, call (775) 463-5570.
• The Stagecoach Advisory Board meets to discuss proposed change in zoning to allow a light-industrial park at the end of Iron Mountain Boulevard . 7 p.m. at the Stagecoach Community Center on Highway 50. Public invited.
• Misfits Theater Group of Dayton will meet at 6 p.m. at Mia’s Swiss Restaurant on Pike St. in Dayton. Business includes election of four board seats and reports, including plans for the coming year. Call 246-2484.
• Stagecoach General Improvement District public hearing on water rate increase, 7 p.m. at Stagecoach Community Center.
• Public meeting for a recreation center in Dayton, 7-8 p.m. at the Community Center, 170 Pike St.
If you have a Dayton or a Lyon County event, e-mail information to email@example.com or call 881-1210.