• Dayton Medical Center grand opening, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2450 Highway 50 E. Includes live music, bounce house for kids, barbecued pig roast and more. Call 885-4631.
• Silver City Fireman’s Ball at Silver City Town Park at 3 p.m. Features live music by Stoneground, Kenny Williams and others. Free admission; call 847-0378.
• Third annual Night in the Country Concert at 7 p.m. features Tracy Lawrence and Emerson Drive at the Lyon County Fairgrounds in Yerington; gates open at 5. Food, refreshments available. A fund-raiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Mason Valley. Tickets $20; call (775) 463-5114.
• Town hall meeting with Sen. Harry Reid, 1-2 p.m. at the Dayton Senior Center, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Talks on health care, education and jobs.
• Dayton Regional Advisory Council meets at 7 p.m. at the Dayton Utilities Building, 34 The Lakes Blvd. Call 246-6227.
• USDA Rural Development informational meeting for low-income families in Lyon County to discuss home ownership possibilities and home repair, 4:30 p.m., Dayton Senior Center, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Call (775) 423-7441, ext. 4.
• Silver City Health and Safety Fair, noon-4 p.m. at Silver City Park. Features interactive booths, live music, food, free face painting, balloons and stickers and information from local agencies. Call 847-0742.
• Bread of Life Christian Fellowship will offer a first-aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation class, 1-6 p.m. at the church, 10042 Highway 50 E. in Mound House. Cost is $5. Call 721-4447.
• Dayton Youth Football League benefit golf tournament at Dayton Valley Golf Club. Cost $100 person and includes green fee, cart and lunch. Call Reagan Rivera at 690-1098.
• Santa Maria Days in Dayton. Includes vendor booths, parade, melodrama, Wild West show, Ultimate Outhouse and Bed races, Battle of the Bands, horseshoe tournament and dance. Call 246-8080.
• Lyon County Fair and Rodeo at fairgrounds, Yerington. Features 4-H shows and exhibits, photography, fine arts, karaoke contest, horseshoe pitch contest, BMX bike races, vendors, frog jump, Ty England in concert, parade, carnival, cowboy poetry, rodeo, demolition derby and more. Call (775) 575-6863 or (775) 463-6541.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Sizzlin’ Summer Nights in Dayton, a fund-raiser for DHS athletics, 6 p.m. at the Dayton Depot. Cost $25 at the door; 21-older only. Features steak/chicken dinner, dancing. Call 241-0625.