October 26, 2004
• Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada Trick or Treat Time, 6-8 p.m. at the museum, 813 N. Carson St. Children $3 each; adults free. Includes face painting, pumpkin painting and fortune teller. Call 884-2226.
• Nevada Day Weekend activities. Theme is “Everything Entertainment,” features carnival, parade down Carson Street Saturday at 10 a.m., hot air balloon lift-off at 8 a.m., coin minting at State Museum, beard contest, golf tournament, International Elvis Competition at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Plaza Hotel Conference Center, artists’ reception at the Plaza Hotel and more. Call 882-2600 or 687-7410.
• La ka Le’l Be Pow-Wow at Carson Colony Gym, 2700 S. Curry St. Features Grand Entry tonight at 7 p.m. (gym open at 5), Saturday 3-5 p.m. (gym open at 1) and 7 p.m. (gym closes at midnight), Sunday at noon (gym open at 10 a.m.). Also crafts, food and refreshment. Host Drum Southern Big Medicine (Bakersfield), Northern Drum Red Hoop (Dresslerville); Head Man Elmer Atlookan; Head Woman Dayl Roach Osorio; Head Boy/Girl Colton Tahannie and Angela Lewis. No alcohol or drugs allowed; call Richard Salee at 230-8915 or Elaina Sanchez at 246-1838.
Recommended Stories For You
• Safe Trick or Treat at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St. Call 884-2226.
• Trick or Treating Safe House at the Carson Plaza, 2120 E. Long St. from 6-8 p.m. Residents will hand out candy in the lobby. Call 883-1221.
• Ghost Town 2004 in Virginia City. Features events all over town beginning at 5 p.m., including Piper’s Opera House, town train, the cemetery and underground. Call 847-0311.
• Election Day.
• Dayton Regional Advisory Council meets at 7 p.m. at the Dayton Utilities Building, 34 The Lakes Blvd. Call 246-6227.
• Rummage sale at the Dayton Senior Center, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Includes clothes, dishes, jewelry, Christmas items and more. Donations accepted; call 246-6210.
• Lyon County Horseman’s Association Formation Riding Clinic, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Camelot Arena, Stagecoach (former Camel Ranch on Highway 50). Class fee, $15. Call Luanne King at 629-0361.
• The Churchill Arts Council will present a performance by the Lynne Arriale Trio in the Barkley Theatre at Oats Park Art Center, Fallon, 8 p.m. Doors open at 7; no-host bar. Tickets are $17 for CAC members, $20 for nonmembers.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
Nov. 12-13, 19-20
• Misfits Theatre Group of Dayton presents “The Unspeakables, or Tea Time in Dayton,” a Roaring ’20s melodrama. At Mia’s Swiss Restaurant in Dayton, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $8. Purchase at Mia’s and Connie’s Copy Place in Dayton or call 246-9622.
To reach the Nevada Appeal newsroom with a news tip or a community event notice for the Dayton area, call 881-1210. Send information to P.O. Box 2288, Carson City, 89702.