Dayton Calendar Today-Sunday
• Earth Day e-Waste Drive at 2nd Place thrift and consignment store, 1-128 Highway 50 E., Suite D, Mound House. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Call Michelle Fissori at 246-1779.
• Volunteers needed to plant trees for Waterfall fire restoration on Carson City property at Lakeview with Boy Scout Mike Otterstrom. Staging area is terminus of Sandy Circle; bring water, sunscreen and footwear for hiking in damp, burned terrain. Call 885-7049 or Juan Guzman, open-space manager at 887-2363, ext. 1005.
• Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada celebrates Earth Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 813 N. Carson St. With paid admission, there are free recycle craft activities for children. Bring worn-out athletic shoes for recycling. Call 884-2226.
• Missoula Children’s Theatre performs “The Jungle Book” at 2 p.m. at Fremont Elementary School; includes 50-60 area students. Call 882-2079.
• Contra dance from 7-10 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Ballroom, 449 W. King St. Pioneer Family Dance with caller Tom Thoreau and live music by Wild Sage. Adults $8; 15-younger free with parent. Call 883-1976.
• Fund-raiser for Men and Women for Wildhorse Freedom, 4-7 p.m. at NV50 Restaurant and UltraLounge, Mound House. Tickets $20 in advance, $40 per couple; $25 and $50 at the door. Includes buffet with no-host bar and entertainment by Rockin’ Robin. Western wear requested; call 220-5460 or 885-2188.
• Piper’s Opera House Open House celebrating 120 years of history from noon-6 p.m. in Virginia City. Features the Reno Jazz Orchestra, dancing, art display, lecture and more. Call 720-4692.
• Formation Riding Clinic, 10 a.m. at 11285 Silver Lane, Stagecoach, hosted by High Desert Horsemen. Lunch sold; call Luanne King at 629-0361.
• General meeting at 7 p.m. of the High Desert Horsemen, McAtee Building in Silver Springs. Call 577-2956.
April 30-May 1
• Dayton Senior Center Craft Faire, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day at 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Call 246-6210.
• May Daze Horse Show, 8 a.m. both days at Camelot Arena, Stagecoach. Hosted by High Desert Horsemen. Includes halter, English and Western riding classes Saturday; driving classes Sunday. Food available on grounds; call Margy Hamilton at 629-0807.